Thursday 26 May 2016

6 metres is up

Today is 26 May 2016. I keep an eye on propagation predictions and current conditions using various websites. One of them is HRDLOG.NET which has current conditions shown in graphical format. This is a small piece of code that can be pasted into your own website to display this if you like, indeed I have it on this blog. Details on the HRDLOG.net website on how to do this.

Look how high the 6m bar is


4 metres is open too but I don't yet have a rig for that band

I noticed 6 metres was showing a lot of activity so I tuned the rig over to it. Lo and behold there were a load of stations both distant and close so I changed the antenna to my 6m vertical.

QSO after QSO followed for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Suddenly out of the VHF doldrums comes decent working.

No comments:

Post a Comment