Tuesday 28 February 2017

Snow, 40 metres and JT65 with XSJT-X v 1.7.0

It is snowing this dull last day of February morning in 2017.
I have been using WSJT-X for quite some time now and find that it is the only software I use these days due to the modes it brings to datamodes. I was a volunteer for the release candidate of 1.7.0 reporting back any issues (I didn't find any) and have been using the production version since day one.

It is used at G8YPH in conjunction with Ham Radio Deluxe as the rig controller and logger. Although JTAlert (at least with my setup) is now stuck at version 2.8.7 due to the ongoing spat between HRD LLC and the developer of JTAlert.

Anyway it is snowing and DX is flowing in on 40 metres this morning. I am making the most of it until conditions change. I can even see snow/ice sticking to the antenna so it must be cold out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment