Wednesday 10 June 2015

Ham Radio Deluxe 6.2.10.377 - upgrade - my experiences

When a new upgrade for any software comes out I am always slow to install it. I remember the disastrous Windows NT Service Pack 6 in the late 1990's!!
On June 1st 2015 HRD Version 6.2.10.377 was released. This release makes many changes too numerous to mention
I installed it on June 6th. Oh dear!!. To say I am not impressed is an understatement.

The installation routine came up with several errors about registry keys/files not present.












After clicking OK a whole bunch of times it finally came back to the prompt "Do you wish to start HRD now?" - Well, yes I do! - It then came up with the registration dialog box. I had already done this months ago so I dug out my registration key and re-inputted it. It didn't work and the application would not start.

I tried the installation again by right clicking the setup.exe and running as administrator. This still came up with exactly the same error messages and wouldn't start. This time I wrote down all the errors and reported it to the great people at Ham Radio Deluxe HQ.
One of the guys replied that he hadn't seen so many errors before and could I send a snapshot of the Windows Properties screen (!!) Why they would want this is beyond me as it just tells you the amount of RAM/processor and whether it is licensed or not. I duly sent of the screenshot and am still waiting for a response.

In the meantime I rolled the system back to the restore point that was created and am back to HRD 6.2.9.355 and all is working again.

Hopefully we can get this sorted out soon as it is a fantastic suite of software.


UPDATE

Please see my next blog entry as this issue has been solved
http://g8yph.blogspot.com/2015/06/hrd-6210377-problems-solved.html


6.

No comments:

Post a Comment