Monday 27 July 2015

Working SOTA stations

I have one of the rigs on S20 most of the time I'm in the shack listening for local FM contacts. Occasionally I hear operators calling CQ SOTA. I try to always reply to them as they have taken the time to climb up to the top of a high point. It must be really disappointing when nobody replies back to them so I encourage everybody who hears a CQ SOTA to please reply.

I was just speaking with Tom M1EYP stood upon SP15 "The Cloud" near Bosley, Macclesfield. He wanted other operators to also try reponding to him on 6m SSB. I of course am fully equipped for most bands and was able to just pick him out of the noise. He gave me a 59 response he was only 41 to 51.
On 2m FM he was 59 end stop.

I also send eQSL cards out too so they have proof of the 2 way contact should they need it for an activation. Tom was no exception and an eQSL is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment