Sunday 1 November 2015

10m duck broken too on JT65

After reporting that I had gained contacts on 12m I managed to work stations on 10m too.
November 1st 2015 was a dazzling time on the 10 metre band - I'm not quite sure what the atmospheric conditions were for the day. For hours on end I was able to work 10m JT65A DX stations:

  • UN7SB Igor from Baikonur in Kazakhstan (where the space launch centre is based) was the first - a not inconsiderable distance of 2900 miles east of this QTH
  • many relatively close European stations 
  • finally ending up in the Americas.

First contact with the continent came with Evan PU5SVE in Brazil - his QTH is 6150 miles away - finishing up with Cacho CX1DA in Uruguay again 6900 miles away.
At the time of writing 17:30 UTC November 1st 2015 the band was just closing for me. There were still a few South American stations giving -24db signals to me.

10 metres sure is a wonderful band and it's surprising what you can do with just 5 watts of RF feeding a piece of wire strung between a couple of trees!

Good DX everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment