Friday 13 March 2015

About G8YPH

My name is Terry McKnight and I have the UK amateur radio callsign of G8YPH
I have been licensed since 1980 and have mainly been operational on VHF/UHF.
I was involved in the very early days of Packet Radio until its demise in the early 21st century.

As you may see I am also passionate about woodworking and maintain another blog at tmcwoodworks.blogspot.com
Both blogs automatically appear on my Google+ profile too.

The current station Radios

I have a number of rigs:
  • Trio 7500 - Single band FM 2m 80 channels 10 Watts - this is now in a cardboard box in my attic but I think still works
  • Kenwood TH77E - Dual Band FM 2m/70cm handheld 5 Watts - 2m no long transmits on this rig sadly
  • Icom T81E - Quad Band FM 6m/2m/70c/23cm handheld 5 Watts - still working fine
  • Yaesu FRG7 0-30MHz communications receiver - still working fine after many years service
  • Wouxin KG-UV950P - Quad Band FM 10m/6m/2m/70cm upto 50 Watts - a new purchase and a mighty fine rig
  • Wouxun KG-UV950P
    Kenwood TH-77E
  • Yaesu FT-450D - HF/50MHz all mode transceiver - a new purchase and a fantastic rig at a perfect price
Yaesu FT-450D

Icom T81E

Antennas

I'm a little light on antennas so far, even though I have gone through many over the past 35 years, but have the following:
  • Dual band VHF/UHF colinear of unknown manufacturer - it's been up on the chimney for the past 15 years and I have forgotten what it is. I get VSWRs of about 1.5:1 on 2m and 1.1:1 on 70cm
  • A long wire strung across the yard for HF. As I have only recently aquired a transmitter for HF this will change in the near future.
  • Many mobile antennas of different makes as I was heavily involved in mobile working at one stage many moons ago




No comments:

Post a Comment