Tuesday 17 March 2015

Applying for a NOV to a full license

This really could not be easier!
Providing you are the holder of an A class full amateur radio license, as I am, just go to the Ofcom website. From there follow the links to Radiocommunication Licenses>Amateur Radio>Apply For Notice Of Variation link here.
Then choose what you wish to apply for a NOV for. You will need your callsign, name and address, email address and the license serial number.

Fill in the relevant online form and within seconds receive a certificate in PDF form for what you have applied for.
For 5MHz there are 9 spot frequencies available. My FT-450D has 7 of them already programmed in. There are ways of modifying this rig for wide band transmit but I am content on what I have.

My Wouxun quad band rig is already capable of transmitting on the 147 MHz band.

I have just applied and got a NOV for the experimental 5MHz band and a NOV the newly released 147MHz band. So I am legal to transmit on these bands.

For all you full license holders why not try it out? See you there.

73 Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment