Monday 16 March 2015

Wouxun KG-UV950P review - Part 5 - Scan settings



The rig is capable of scanning the VFO or any memories you may have programmed in.
As a default SCAN A (VFO A) and SCAN B (VFO B) are set to scan all channels from 001 to 999.
I changed my settings so that VFO A could scan all the memories I had  programmed and VFO B to scan VHF/UHF local repeaters near me.



Scanning from the rig is very easy to do. When in memory mode simply press the "0*SCAN" button on the front panel or the *SCAN button on the microphone and the rig will scan just those memories on the particular VFO you initiated the scan.
When in VFO mode pressing scan will simply scan up in the step that you programmed into the VFO configuration screen. In my case I opted for 2.5KHz steps. I also programmed the rig to stop when a station is detected for 5 seconds before carrying on. This is the SC-REV setting which I set to TO. 

If you want to change the direction of scanning to down either turn the rotary encoder anticlockwise (counter-clockwise) or press the down arrow on the microphone. When you have found a frequency you wish to stop on then just press the EXIT button or the PTT switch on the microphone. 

Scanning could be quicker but is adequate for most users.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your review. Iv just bought a 950PL and struggling with the Engrish manual!

    ReplyDelete