Saturday 15 August 2015

2 Rigs 2 Antennas 2 Switches - Part 3

6m activity is very sporadic and as we are coming up to the Perseids maximum activity phase (August 12th 2015) then I have had chance to try out the switches in anger (so to speak). I heard a DXPedition station calling CQ on 6m from Aland Island (a rare DXCC island off the coast of Finland). I was on the dipole at the time and decided to switch over to the inverted Vee. Wow what a difference, before he was about RS52 perfectly readable. As soon as I threw both switches over to the Vee then he was coming in at RS57 occasionally peaking at RS59.

The new switching mechanism works a treat and is superb. Maybe my dipole is not that efficient!
I bet behind your computer and rigs it's a rats nest of cables like mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment