Monday 3 August 2015

Daytime HF band working - July/August 2015

I've found in the last few weeks (July 2015 to post date) that the HF bands have been very flat during the day. I used to hear the Worked All Britain (WAB) net on 40M (usually around 7.160MHz) most days prior to this from around 9AM to late afternoon when tuning around the bands. The net has been very infrequent of late.

I hear similar reports from other amateurs and 20m is fairly flat too. The one saving grace has been some fantastic activity on 6m occasionally, as is expected at these times of the year, with quite a lot of continental contacts on digimodes.

Of course the evenings and early mornings on 40m have been sensational of late. I don't get up that early but a few days ago, July 31st, was really good with USA to Europe and middle east (Israel in particular) coming through with 40db over 9 contacts. It's just a pity most of the dark hours are spent asleep by me!

73 de Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment